- Scoop up as much of the spill as possible, with a towel or a spoon.
- Blot the spot, don’t rub or scrub. Gently press clean cloths into the stained area to remove moisture. Scrubbing can damage the fiber and set the stain into the carpet.
- Apply warm, not hot, water to the stained area and blot until the stain stops transferring to the cloth.
- If you can still see the stain, use our Home Pro spotter with white absorbent cloth. Agitate lightly and then blot to absorb the stain into the cloth.
- Place layers of white paper towels on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
- If you can see the stain after all this, repeat steps 3 through 7. It means the stain penetrated deep into the pile and has wicked up to the surface.
- If you still see a stain, please call this number 703-455-1440 for professional carpet cleaning.